[VicPiMakers Projects] Another Markdown editor...

Greg H greg.horie at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:08:50 EST 2022

*@Lynn *- Yes, thanks for the presentation Lynn. It was great and
inspiring! I've been drifting away from Python to play with other
languages, but Python data science tooling is one of the features that
keeps me interested in Python. I feel like this is Python's "killer apps".

*@Craig* - Thanks for the tip on retext. I'll check it out. When I switch
over from command line / vim to put on my developer hat, I currently use VS
Code which has a built in markdown preview mode.
https://code.visualstudio.com/assets/docs/languages/Markdown/md-dynamic-preview.gif

I also use GitHub Actions for my repos to automatically check for markdown
lint and broken links in my markdown files.

Here's an example GitHub Actions configuration from my last NetSIG
presentation:
https://github.com/netserf/netsig-presentation-building-gcp-with-terraform/blob/main/.github/workflows/docs.yaml

You can see how it generates a green "passing" badge if the Github Actions
passes the "Docs" checks: