[VicPiMakers Projects] Another Markdown editor...

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 23:16:38 EST 2022

Thanks again to Lynn for the inspiring and thought provoking presentation.

For those who might want to play with Markdown separately from Jupyter
Lab, try *retext* on Linux.

I have been writing my articles in markdown since 2016, and have tried
several markdown editors on Linux and the Chromebook. Retext works the
best on Linux, it includes side by side editing (source on one side, and
formatted on the other).  And it is most repos.

https://github.com/retext-project/retext

For the Chromebook I use Minimalist Markdown Editor. But with Google
removing Apps on the Chromebook, I am not sure if you can still get it.
It also has side-by-side editing.

The history of Markdown (wikipedia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

Happy documenting with Markdown!