[VicPiMakers Projects] Code for turkey stuffed with microprocessor.

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:10:59 EST 2020

Per Lynne's request to see the code, here it is

Every few minutes, the microprocessor measures the temperature inside the
turkey bag, posts the temperature to a website, and goes into deep sleep on
top of the turkey.  (I was going to stuff the micro inside, but that is all
frozen up tight)..

Because the micro is only awake for a few seconds every 20 minutes, it will
run for weeks off the battery, long after the turkey has thawed.

The website receiving the post just appends the current local time() and
data from the micro processor (humidity, temperature, ADC value) to a log
file. The website replies to the micro with the number of minutes that the
micro should sleep.  No jason, no mqtt, just php and html.  Webpage file is
attached.. "fromdht.php"

Here is a snippet of the temperature log

1608169225 90.50 2.50 2704
1608170427 90.70 2.50 2704
1608171628 90.80 2.50 2703
1608172830 91.00 2.50 2644

The ADC reading is broken... I thought I could use a GPIO as the
source voltage for the thermistor, so that I could turn it off when
not needed, but it doesn't work yet.   Maybe need the gpio pin to turn
on a mosfet to 3.3volts

The Arduino .ino code file is also attached

--

George Bowden,
gtbowdeng at gmail.com