[VicPiMakers Projects] A Toblerone Case for Christmas

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:14:48 EST 2020

For the "Cases" presentation, here is my "Toblerone for Christmas".  The
tube contains a li-ion 18650 battery.  On the outside is a battery charge
controller
<https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2030115519.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.4a563c00Yoz8Pz&mp=1>,
a DHT22 temperature and humidity sensor
<https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1059369726.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.16405813tWKCKy>,
and an ESP32 Dev Kit in the dead bug position.
Start with a piece of coroplast 3.75 inches by 4.5 inches, with the tubes
running along the long length.  Score across the tubes one inch in from
each end, then along the tubes 1.25 inches in from the edges.  Fold,
duct-tape to close the tube, and trim.  The red elastic keeps the wire
contacts pressed against the battery ends. Hot glue the charger and dht
sensor to the case.  If I hot glue the ESP32 to the case, I can get rid of
the green elastics but I'm nervous about heat dissipation.  I had to use a
low current (0.7 amp) power block into the charge controller to avoid
overheating it.

[image: 20201209_091637.jpg][image: 20201209_092625.jpg]

--
George Bowden, vice president, Victoria Computer Club
gtbowdeng at gmail.com