[VicPiMakers Projects] Can-bus like apartment project

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:59:19 EDT 2020

George,

30 years ago, I created a radio station automation which used a RS-422 bus.
The key was to use a bus that was balanced (read: no ground, but just + and
-). By using balanced connection, it is easy to eliminate noise that might
be induced into the wires, as they travel near items like
fluorescent lighting or other noisey devices. Also when using a balanced
bus, you don't have to worry about each of the devices using a different
ground.

I don't know enough about the Can Bus or Dallas 1-wire, but I would
definitely look for a bus that uses balanced signalling rather than a
unbalanced (e.g. data and ground).

Craig...
--
IPv6 is the future!