[VicPiMakers Projects] Jim's Challenge - Output 10 (caesar cipher)

Greg H greg.horie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 11:56:49 EDT 2020

I'm looking for clarification on output 10 - caesar cipher problem.

Is the intent to calculate the caesar cipher key value OR is the intent to
encrypt the string with a pre-determined key? Initially I thought the
question was to discover the cipher key value, but on reflection this seems
fragile.

Reasoning:
- "BIOPSY" will work for the 12 integer input that leads to "HOUVYE", but
it will not work for any 12 random integers.
- You'd have to reverse engineer your integers starting from "BIOPSY" to
get a valid set of 12 integers.

I solved it both ways, but posted only the 2nd solution to github because
only the 2nd solution will work for a random set of 12 integers.

I'm curious how other folks solved this one.