[NetSIG] Quad9 DNS Service

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 06:55:14 PDT 2026


Thanks Greg,

I agree, sounds like a good topic for NetSIG.

Craig...

On 6/1/26 06:03, Greg H wrote:
> Thanks Mark. I have used Cloudflare in the past as well. Looks like 
> they anonymize the last octet for IPv4, so that's something.
>
> Interesting topic ... Which DNS provider to consider & why?
>
> Maybe one for NetSIG. 🤔
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2026 at 10:15 PM Mark G. <netsig at palaceofretention.ca> 
> wrote:
>
>     On 5/31/26 15:53, Greg H wrote:
>     > I was wondering if anyone is using Quad9 as their recursive DNS
>     service? I've been reading a bit about them. Seems like
>     > a useful service.
>     >
>     > https://quad9.net/ <https://quad9.net/>
>     >
>     > If you have experience with them, please share.
>     >
>     > Greg
>     >
>
>
>     They are a decent alternative to cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 service.
>     Cloudflare is in the US, so subject to Patriot ACT.  It also
>     offers family options 1.1.1.2 and 1.1.1.3 (ipv6 also available).
>     The family options block malware and adult content.
>
>     Quad9 is in the EU (Switzerland), so has a slight non-patriot
>     advantage in terms of privacy.
>
>     They both pinky swear that they value privacy and so on.
>
>     I use 1.1.1.1 at the Pi meetings for convenience, but could
>     just as easily use 9.9.9.9.
>
>
>
>     -- 
>     NetSIG mailing list
>     NetSIG at vicpimakers.ca
>     http://vicpimakers.ca/mailman/listinfo/netsig_vicpimakers.ca
>
>
-- 
IPv6 is the future, the future is here
http://ipv6hawaii.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://vicpimakers.ca/pipermail/netsig_vicpimakers.ca/attachments/20260601/a6720209/attachment.htm>


More information about the NetSIG mailing list