<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
</head>
<body>
<p>Thanks Greg,</p>
<p>I agree, sounds like a good topic for NetSIG.</p>
<p>Craig...</p>
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/1/26 06:03, Greg H wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAEuphw1kL00Abq+jX4qu9t_ETokHW=e_HUv5RLcg2e00Kb_udQ@mail.gmail.com">
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<div dir="ltr">Thanks Mark. I have used Cloudflare in the past as
well. Looks like they anonymize the last octet for IPv4, so
that's something.
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Interesting topic ... Which DNS provider to consider &
why?<br>
<br>
Maybe one for NetSIG. \U0001f914</div>
</div>
<br>
<div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container">
<div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, May 31, 2026 at
10:15\u202fPM Mark G. <<a
href="mailto:netsig@palaceofretention.ca"
moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">netsig@palaceofretention.ca</a>>
wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On
5/31/26 15:53, Greg H wrote:<br>
> I was wondering if anyone is using Quad9 as their
recursive DNS service? I've been reading a bit about them.
Seems like <br>
> a useful service.<br>
> <br>
> <a href="https://quad9.net/" rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://quad9.net/</a> <<a
href="https://quad9.net/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://quad9.net/</a>><br>
> <br>
> If you have experience with them, please share.<br>
> <br>
> Greg<br>
> <br>
<br>
<br>
They are a decent alternative to cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 service.<br>
Cloudflare is in the US, so subject to Patriot ACT. It also<br>
offers family options 1.1.1.2 and 1.1.1.3 (ipv6 also
available).<br>
The family options block malware and adult content.<br>
<br>
Quad9 is in the EU (Switzerland), so has a slight non-patriot<br>
advantage in terms of privacy.<br>
<br>
They both pinky swear that they value privacy and so on.<br>
<br>
I use 1.1.1.1 at the Pi meetings for convenience, but could<br>
just as easily use 9.9.9.9.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
-- <br>
NetSIG mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:NetSIG@vicpimakers.ca" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">NetSIG@vicpimakers.ca</a><br>
<a
href="http://vicpimakers.ca/mailman/listinfo/netsig_vicpimakers.ca"
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://vicpimakers.ca/mailman/listinfo/netsig_vicpimakers.ca</a><br>
</blockquote>
</div>
<br>
<fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
</blockquote>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
IPv6 is the future, the future is here
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ipv6hawaii.org/">http://ipv6hawaii.org/</a></pre>
</body>
</html>