[NetSIG] Quad9 DNS Service
Greg H
greg.horie at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:09:22 PDT 2026
Thanks Craig. Yeah, just trying them out right now!
On Sun, May 31, 2026 at 5:08 PM Craig Miller <cvmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I use them for my VPS, since Systemd/Resolvd insist on using IPv4
> (127.0.0.53:53), and when I block all IPv4 to my VPS (which I do), then
> I can't resolve DNS.
>
> So I use the IPv6 form of Quad9 2620:fe::9
>
> Works great!
>
> Craig...
>
> On 5/31/26 15:53, Greg H wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone is using Quad9 as their recursive DNS
> > service? I've been reading a bit about them. Seems like a useful service.
> >
> > https://quad9.net/
> >
> > If you have experience with them, please share.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> --
> IPv6 is the future, the future is here
> http://ipv6hawaii.org/
>
>
> --
> NetSIG mailing list
> NetSIG at vicpimakers.ca
> http://vicpimakers.ca/mailman/listinfo/netsig_vicpimakers.ca
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://vicpimakers.ca/pipermail/netsig_vicpimakers.ca/attachments/20260531/45cb3282/attachment.htm>
More information about the NetSIG
mailing list