[VicPiMakers General] Buying 1st Raspberry Pi

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:45:05 EDT 2023

I bought my last pi4 a month ago from Memory Express in Victoria, Blanchard
and Hillside.
I would not buy the kit.  You can use a laptop power supply that outputs on
a USB C, which is quite common for Chromebook laptops.
We have lots of free parts in our donated stock that make up the kit.  You
would want the heatsink.
I would wait for the Pi5 if you can do without a 3.5mm audio output jack.
The Pi5 is more powerful, essentially enough to run as a desktop.  If you
are only reading sensors and reporting to a website, you could get by with
a Pi3 or 4.

--
George Bowden  250-893-7423
Victoria BC