[VicPiMakers Projects] Raspberry Pi looking at IPO

Peter Sprague peter.geovision at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 1 20:15:21 EST 2024

See this page at CrowdSupply:
https://www.crowdsupply.com/icewhale-technology/zimablade#products
-->see NAS kit down the page

CS was to be the original supplier on the first orders, then the
ZimaBoard shop was to take over selling & shipping.  Not sure where that
sits now.  CS seems to still offer pre-orders for Mar/29 delivery.

Zimablade purchase page/site shows the various components included in
the NAS kit individually so you could add them to your basket:
https://shop.zimaboard.com/products/zimablade-single-board-server-for-cyber-native?variant=47722451730724
Also shows a bunch of other add-on boards like 2.5Gb NICs, etc.

Marketing it as a NAS kit is a misnomer, board can't supply enough juice
to support two HDD at initial spin-up and your OS would be on the EMMC.
I am planning on using a SSD for the OS, and a HDD for storage, like I
have with Zimaboard.  Then if it works well, and need more storage,
purchase more to build out possibly a Minio cluster

There is a quite active Discord group for the IceWhale (Zimaboard)
products if that is your thing.

Hope that helps,

Peter Sprague MSc.
250-412-3444 Victoria