[VicPiMakers Projects] I Need a dozen adapters 3d printed

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:48:34 EST 2023

Thanks for the offer Deid, but for the moment I am trying a different
approach.

After experimenting, and realizing that the tab of just 3.0 mm on the
card edge connector allowed for almost no thickness in the adapter,  I came
up with the following aluminum gadget to hold the wires in place while I
solder them to the fingers..
[image: 20230110_170554.jpg]

I push the module into the slot, which pushes the wires down around the
fingers.  I make a gap of 6mm in the wire's insulation where the wires are
pushed into the slot around the module where I'll need to solder.
 Double-sided tape holds the wires in place when I lay them out, and the
notches every 1.6mm help too.   After soldering, I'll cut the wires so they
dont connect the front side finger to the back side finger.

I need to buy more modules though, to try this latest method.  Here are the
ones I soldered without the jig,
The one on the left is an awful trial of patience and a waste of time.
The one on the right is easier to solder.  It uses the adapter provided by
Universal-Solder, but is thicker than I want it to be, and I put the pins
the wrong way up.
[image: 20230110_173508.jpg]

--
George Bowden  250-893-7423