[VicPiMakers Projects] Fwd: a couple of quick questions

James Briante briantej at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:33:57 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

Reflected power (that can cause damage) occurs when the antenna
resonant frequency does not match the frequency of the transmitting unit.
HAM radio operates on many different bands, so is the custom to place an
antenna tuner between the Antenna and the transmitter to match the
impedance (newer radio ham transceivers have built-in antenna turners). I
have both but my antenna tuner does not operate at the LoRa frequency. I
would not bother trying to build a homemade Lora antenna. Decide what
antenna gain (DBi) you require and  purchase one at amazon.ca.  Stubbies
are relatively cheap (2DBi, $13) with prices going ains for pole mounted
high gain ones.

Jim