[VicPiMakers Projects] Application for Raspberry Pico

James Briante briantej at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:39:08 EDT 2021

George, have considered using  Can (Controlled Area Network) or Canopen for
your project? The line drivers/receivers are not expensive. At 1mbs
distance is good up to 40m. Best of all it’s a two-wire bus. For a simple
network you can design your own protocol:send a serial address and wait for
the corresponding sensor to reply with data. Here are a couple of examples
of what some hobbyists are doing with Can.

Yes We CAN BUS With Arduino in 30 Seconds! : 7 Steps (with Pictures) -
Instructables
<https://www.instructables.com/Yes-We-CAN-BUS-With-Arduino-in-30-Seconds/>

How to Connect Raspberry Pi to CAN Bus - Hackster.io
<https://www.hackster.io/youness/how-to-connect-raspberry-pi-to-can-bus-b60235>

Cheers,

Jim