[VicPiMakers Projects] Jim's Challenge - Output 10 (caesar cipher)

James Briante briantej at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 20:44:24 EDT 2020

Hi Patrick,
 Yes, you can look at only the first character of the string and use it to
get the key. Comparing all characters as the advantage of catching errors
in encryption/decryption. The code is just as short using  "compare
strings"  of your particular language.

In C int strcmp (const char* str1, const char* str2);, in C++ *int*
*CompareText*(*const* AnsiString *S1*, *const* AnsiString *S2*); Pascal (
Delphi) *function* *CompareText*(*const* *S1*: *string*; *const* *S2*:
*string*): Integer;

Aside: The purpose of the final test data is to see if your outputs are
correct when you run your code with the new data. It should work the first
time with no changes in the actual code.
Jim