[VicPiMakers General] go-lang basics OR python dev workflow?

Craig Miller cvmiller at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:10:57 EDT 2022

Greg,

While it is true that there is a big difference between making a script
(python or otherwise) for yourself or for others, I contend that it is
good to always had some documentation (in the form of help), if nothing
other than to give yourself help in figuring out how to run your script
a year or more later.

I have found ShellCheck <https://www.shellcheck.net/> to be very helpful
in writing shell scripts as it finds errors in code that are not on the
main program path. Also it helps in cleaning up the code to make it more
readable. I am sure there are similar programs for python.

As for learning more about go, I would like to see a presentation on
that. So far my only interaction with go was to compile galene (a video
conf system, like Jitsi, but _way_ easier to setup) inside a linux
container running on Pi 3b+. Worked great!

Craig...

--
IPv6 is the future, the future is here
ipv6hawaii.org