[VicPiMakers General] Hacktoberfest 2020

Greg H greg.horie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:15:19 EDT 2020

Hi Folks

Craig and I were talking at the picnic about our community working together
on a public project hosted in Github during the Hacktoberfest 2020 season.
If you're not familiar with Hacktoberfest, here are the details -
https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/faq.

TL;DR - If you submit 4 pull requests to a public Github repo in the month
of October, you earn a free T-shirt and stickers!

So if anyone has a project idea that we could work on together, here's a
little incentive to bring it forward. The project can be anything as long
as we host it on Github and submit PRs to add features, fix bugs, enhance
docs, etc. For those not familiar (or maybe a bit intimidated by Github),
this is all about learning and sharing which is the real spirit of
Hacktoberfest. So all ideas are welcome and we can start more than one
project, if the interest is there.

Cheers,
Greg