[VicPiMakers Projects] Camosun Capstone

Deid Reimer deid at drsol.com
Thu Feb 15 11:09:58 EST 2024

Hi All,

As Craig noted in a previous email, we are considering submitting projects for Camosun's ICS capstone.  I am thinking that a couple of additions to our website:

a database of presentations and the accompanying web/pdf/… files

a search or sql interface that will pull up a desired presentation and accompanying files

an upload feature that will allow folks to upload their presentation and files with guides as to the best way to do this.  And yes, there needs to be security and vetting before it goes live.

I am suggesting this for two reasons.  First, I searched for several past presentations and was not able to find any results or just partial results. Second, many of the presentations only have links.  I am hoping that VicPiMakers is around long after I lose interest in maintaining my website.  This is likely true of others.  It would be best if all presentations and all their files are hosted on the VicPiMakers website.  Having a way for the creator of a presentation to upload their files, etc. would reduce the workload on our website maintainer.

If we are going to do this, we need to have a proposal to Camosun by Feb. 22.

What are your thoughts.  Should I pursue this and submit a proposal to Camosun ICS?  Do you have additional ideas that we could pursue as well?

Deid