[VicPiMakers Projects] Minimalist Temperature Display

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:44:40 EDT 2023

https://github.com/gtbowden/flashLedDisplay
Minimalist temperature display by flashing one LED.
By flashing a LED, one can display 2 digit temperatures effectively. The
user counts the long flashes for tens, and the short dashes for ones. e.g.
26 degrees is dash dash dit dit dit dit dit dit
This Raspberry Pi (RPI) Python program reads a Dallas DS18B20 temperature
sensor and makes its value known by flashing an LED. For those with poor
eyesight like me without my eyeglasses on, it works well from across the
room.
First read
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-11-ds18b20-temperature-sensing/ds18b20
If you are not using GPIO 21 for the LED, then adjust the value of LED = 21
to the GPIO number you are using

I put this in my github of which I have little understanding.

--
George Bowden  250-893-7423
Victoria BC