[VicPiMakers Projects] Whats the simplest

George Bowden gtbowdeng at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:44:18 EDT 2022

Hi all
For my first ESP microcontroller project, an alerting messenger called
"Lights Out", I had my ESP send html posts to my shared hosting service in
the cloud, where my PHP code generated instructions that were returned to
the ESP device.
The host allowed

   - persistent data in a database,
   - modification of logic without re-coding the ESP.
   - Webpages at the host allowing alteration of expected parameters, like
   frequency of posts, and temperatures sensed at the microcontroller
   - use of date and time functions, messaging, and unlimited services

My big take-away from that project was to move decisions off the
microcontroller onto the host .
The user interface via web pages were universal, but a bit clunky.

Can you help me find a better hosted user interface that allows voice
instructions via google assistant and an app on a smartphone.
I'm disappointed in blynk, because it has no programmable logic at the
cloud host.  Duh !
IFTT is too limited in its logic
And I am not a great believer in graphical programming languages like node
red.
Writing this, I'm realizing that I want an interface built on a host that
interfaces to the google APIs...
Can you point me in a promising direction?
--
George Bowden  250-893-7423
Victoria BC