[VicPiMakers Projects] The Analog Thing -posted by Deid

Murray Strome wmstrome at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 10 16:31:04 EDT 2022

I remember doing lots of things with analogue computers, before I started working with digital ones. Although it was not my project, at NRC, NAE, Flight Research, one of the projects was to use an analogue computer mounted on the skids of an old Bell helicopter which could be programmed so that the helicopter could behave like any fixed-wing aircraft within the Bell's flight capabilities. One of these was a Piper Cub, so you could take off, fly around and land as if it were that simple to fly aircraft. Flying the helicopter directly was pretty difficult in comparison.